Industrial Floor specialists will work with fluid applied material (epoxy) to create seamless floor surfaces. This job will require frequent in state travel with infrequent out of state work. This is an hourly paid position which offers health insurance and retirement savings. Wages depend on experience.
Technical Skills/Abilities and Required Temperaments:
- Building and construction – knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of resinous flooring and seamless wall coating products, going over concrete, wood and metal floors.
- Mechanical-Knowledge of machines and hand tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service- Ability to interact with customers/ construction foreman, communicating with them while on job site providing customer satisfaction.
- Problem solving - Ability to provide solutions in the field in order to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Mathematics- ability to measure and work with ratios within precise limits.
- Team Player-must be able to work with others in order to achieve results in an efficient manner.
Materials and Tools Used:
Shot blaster, grinders, hand tools, epoxy, various chemicals, tow motor and automated machinery.
- Loading and unloading work trucks to include cleaning of equipment and organization.
- Set-up mixing area, organize product and mix material to precise measurement, tracking usage when complete.
- Assisting with floor prep hand grinding, vacuuming, sweeping, joint filling and general clean-up
- Additional duties assigned by job foreman
- Fix equipment without the assistance of others.
- Work well by self and have accountably on finished items
- Fast learner and be able to do tasks as expected
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Prior experience as an epoxy installer or flooring installer but willing to train the right person
All interested applicants please contact Jennipher with the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades 262-378-8311 email@example.com